Safeguarding a company’s intellectual property should be one of the first priorities when it comes to doing business in the Chinese market. Since 2014, CBBC’s dedicated IP team has been providing intellectual property protection and enforcement services to British businesses both entering and growing in the China market. Whatever stage your business is at on your journey into China, we provide bespoke support to our Members and clients through the following services:
- Understanding IP filing in China
- Mitigation against bad-faith trade mark practices
- Navigation of IP litigation and enforcement policies in China
- Defence and prevention against IP infringement on major Chinese E-commerce or social media platforms including Alibaba, JD.com, Pinduoduo, DHGate, Weixin, Suning, Weidian, Douyin / TikTok, Baidu and Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book)
- IP licensing in China
- Settling domain name disputes
Our unique position enables us to work closely on your behalf with Chinese partners, offering access to in-depth IP consulting services, expert guidance with navigation of online protection and offline enforcement; and cross-border protection. We also conduct research into IP policy and our work strives to reinforce commercial engagement and cooperation between the UK and China.
For more information about our IP services, please contact us.