CBBC China Consumer Masterclass Series - Health & Wealth
Continuing travel restrictions make the fast evolving Chinese consumer market ever more difficult to keep track of, but the commercial opportunity remains real and growing. Between 2000 and 2020 Chinese consumers’ collective net worth has shot up from £5 trillion to £90 trillion according to McKinsey, rising nearly 50% faster than GDP. No consumer brand with international ambitions can afford to miss the significant potential for growth that China represents nowadays.
Our new China Consumer Masterclass series aims to bridge the gap – offering real time insights into the consumer sector, retail space and digital dimensions of this challenging market. You will hear from our sector specialist Antoaneta Becker, Director of Food and Drink at CBBC, on how the market is evolving and where the purchasing priorities are, as well as benefit from a review of up-and-coming niche opportunities. Andrew Cameron, Director and Partner at the Silk Initiative, will share the Dos and Don’ts of international brands growing in the market. And Zarina Kanji - Business Development, UK & Nordics, Alibaba Group will share insights into China's Wellness market. You will also mingle with like-minded retail and food and drink brands looking to update their China skills and knowledge.
Who should attend?
This masterclass is aimed at consumer goods businesses, who are exporting or targeting export sales in China. Spaces are limited to comply with social distancing regulations and we reserve the right to allocate spaces based on eligibility.
This session will focus on:
- What is wellness in a China context?
- The evolution of health and wellbeing concepts.
- The new purchasing drivers of Chinese consumers who already spend a disproportionately large amount on food and drink compared to any other nation.
- The trends of consumption upgrade towards premium, traceable and high nutrition products.
- Identifying the emerging opportunities for UK brands in a rapidly growing health and wellness market: Exploring the sales channels for health and wellness products
- Examples of winning marketing and consumer communication strategies deployed by the key players in the sector.