IP roundtables with leading e-commerce platforms
- CBBC & Pinduoduo IP Roundtable and MoU Signing, 21st October 2020 - On Wednesday 21st October 2020, CBBC and Pinduoduo held an IP Roundtable in Shanghai to promote dialogue about IP protection between Pinduoduo and rights owners, and successfully signed an MoU for long-term cooperation regarding IP protection. Questions raised by the participating rights owners were addressed, and a joint effort in tackling IP infringement was discussed, providing guidance for rights owners in utilising Pinduoduo’s IPR Protection Platform and direction for further cooperation.
- CBBC & JD.com IP Roundtable, 21st September 2020 - On Monday 21st September 2020, CBBC and JD.com also held a roundtable that took place in Beijing; it aimed at facilitating dialogue between JD.com and rights owners on IP and brand protection. JD.com gave updates on its IP and brand protection, and addressed the questions raised by the participating rights owners. Representatives of the Beijing PSB were invited to discuss offline enforcement regarding IP criminal cases, and JD.com’s operation teams were provided with brand protection training for differentiating counterfeits from genuine products.
- CBBC & DHgate IP Roundtable and MoU Signing, 22nd September 2020 - CBBC and DHgate also held an IP Roundtable in Beijing on Tuesday 22nd September 2020, with the aim of facilitating dialogue between DHgate and rights owners on IP and brand protection. An MoU on long-term cooperation regarding IP protection was signed by the two parties, and rights owners and representatives from DHgate thoroughly discussed some questions related to practical issues in utilising DHgate’s IP protection measures and explored ways for more in-depth brand cooperation.
Engagement with IP Enforcement Authorities
- Visit to Shanghai Municipality Public Security Bureau, 19th October 2020 - In collaboration with the Quality Brands Protection Committee of the China Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment (QBPC), CBBC organised a visit to the Shanghai PSB with the aim of facilitating the exchange between rights owners and the Shanghai PSB on criminal enforcement against counterfeits. During the visit, the participants learned about the Shanghai PSB’s working mechanism and experience in handling IP criminal cases, and exchanged with police officers on recent IP issues and advice on identifying criminal cases.
Online IP Protection Training Series
CBBC launched a series of IP protection training webinars this year that target a wide range of IP stakeholders to raise awareness and build their capacity to utilise the IPR protection programmes of major Chinese e-commerce and social media platforms. Since June three webinars have been held and attended by over 200 participants. Below is an overview of these past seminars, and subscribe to attend our upcoming events with JD.com and other leading platforms.
- Webinar on Alibaba Group Ecosystem and IP Protection, 1st June 2020 - The inaugural session of this series was held with Alibaba. Since 2014, CBBC and Alibaba have held over 20 roundtables and seminars to support UK rights owners with their IP protection on their platform as a part of an MoU.
- Weixin Brand Protection Training Webinar for SMEs, 26th August 2020 - The second session was held in partnership with Weixin on Wednesday 26th August 2020. Since 2016, CBBC and Weixin have held 12 roundtables and seminars to support UK rights owners with their IP protection on their platform as a part of an MoU. During this webinar, the Weixin Legal Team made a comprehensive introduction to Weixin and its brand protection mechanisms. The highlight of this webinar was a tutorial to the Weixin Brand Protection Platform (BPP), which tackles IP infringements on the Weixin platform and protects the rights and interests of rights owners
- Pinduoduo IP Protection Training, 13th October 2020 - The third session of CBBC’s online IP protection training series was held in partnership with Pinduoduo on Tuesday 13th October 2020. The emphasis of this programme was on how rights owners can protect their IP rights on the platform. At the webinar, Pinduoduo shared its business model, as well as its IP protection programmes, which supported rights owners in utilising Pinduoduo’s IPR Protection Platform (IPP).
The fourth session in partnership with JD.com and EU China IPR SME Helpdesk is scheduled on Monday 16th November. Please subscribe to us to stay up-to-date on the latest UK-China updates!
Get in touch for more details about CBBC’s IP Support Suite with:
China-Britain Business Council