CBBC & BSI - Access to World Leading Standards Programmes
In China, British standards have continued to play an important role supporting international business growth and access to trade with new markets by embedding excellence, and building competence and capability for sustainable growth.
Kiran Patel, Senior Director, Commercial CBBC China said:
“CBBC is delighted to deepen our partnership with BSI. Through offering these training programmes, we aim to not only enhance the professional development of individuals responsible for compliance with key standards across their businesses, but to also facilitate further trade and investment between the UK and China through ensuring a stronger understanding of critical compliance factors. We value this partnership greatly and together we look forward to addressing the needs of our members, clients, and partners across China by offering world class standards programmes.”
BSI is committed to supporting companies worldwide to perform better and embed excellence by sharing knowledge, innovation, and best practice, and through provision of widely recognised standards certifications and services. This mission is driven by BSI’s role as the UK’s national standards body with over 80,000 clients operating across 195 countries and through the prestigious Royal Charter that it received in 1929.
With the establishment of this partnership with the CBBC, BSI China will offer a selection of course programmes to CBBC's members in alignment with BSI Group’s mission. BSI as the world leader in ICT standards compliance, has firmly established thought leadership in the field and enabled industry leaders to achieve excellence through implementation of international standards, including ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Systems and ISO/IEC 27701 Privacy Security Management Systems – and in addition delivered an extensive globally recognised range of certification and standards related services.
BSI China will provide its ‘Digital Trust’ programme suite to CBBC as the foundation of this partnership with a view to offering a wider range of course content in the future.
Frank Zhang, Managing Director, BSI Greater China said:
“BSI China is delighted to form this partnership with CBBC promoting international standards, to inspire trust for a more resilient world, as stated in BSI’s mission. The world and our lives are increasingly reliant on digital technology. Therefore, it is critical to improve ‘Digital Trust’ to build confidence and enhance resilience. We sincerely hope that organisations and individuals will benefit from BSI’s Digital Trust related training offerings and look forward to working further with CBBC to advance this portfolio to empower them.”
BSI's Digital Trust Programme
BSI’s Digital Trust programme addresses key ICT (Information, Communications and Technology) digital compliance areas for companies concerning Integrated Information Security, Risk Management, Data Security and Privacy. We will be offering access to the following programmes for CBBC members initially through this partnership and will share notice when these become open for enrollment.
- ISO/IEC 27001 - International Standards for Information Security Management System
- ISO/IEC 27005 - International Standards for Information Security Risk Management
- ISO/IEC 27701 - International Standards for Private Information Management System
- ISO/IEC 27018 - International Standards for Personal Information Protection in Shared Cloud Environment
BSI ICT's products and services mainly have the following characteristics and benefits:
- They are in line with international standards as many ISO international standards derive from British standards. BSI therefore has first-hand knowledge of these products, not only in the detail of their composition but also with regards to their practical application
- They are up to date to meet modern business challenges. As the application of artificial intelligence and big data becomes increasingly extensive, data privacy has come under increasing scrutiny. BSI has accumulated a significant number of case studies and experience across the UK, wider Europe and China addressing data and privacy protection matters
- They cover all stages of IT project management workflows to support all levels of your team not only from an enterprise management perspective, but also to support personal and professional development
Survey (ICT Training Requirements )
To learn more about the training requirements of businesses in China on compliance with internationally recognised standards, both CBBC and BSI are conducting a short flash survey. The survey will take around 5 minutes to complete with all responses shaping how we address market requirements through this partnership. Answers will be treated anonymously, and the survey will close on 30th June.
Since 1901, BSI is the business improvement and standards company that enables organizations to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence, ‘inspiring trust for a more resilient world’. For over a century BSI has driven best practice in organizations around the world. Working with over 86,000 clients across 195 countries, it is a truly global business with skills and experience across all sectors including automotive, aerospace, built environment, food and retail and healthcare. Through its expertise in Standards and Knowledge, Assurance Services, and regulatory Services, BSI helps clients to improve their performance, grow sustainably, manage risk and ultimately become more resilient.