China Food & Drink Forum
Get China ready at the start of 2022 and explore the opportunities in the world’s largest online grocery market. With 140 million Chinese middle class consumers the country represents an export destination that no consumer goods manufacturer can afford to miss. As China’s economy grows to become the largest on the planet in the next decade the middle class consumers are expected to double by 2030 and triple by 2050.
Join our China Food & Drink Forum, a half-day roundtable session, to hear the latest insights on China’s food and drink market as well as some of the key sub-sector opportunities for overseas exporters.
We will invite experienced importers, distributors and industry insiders to share tips on how they select foreign brands, what is hot and what is not in the fast evolving market, how to sell successfully in China. A digest of the main regulatory highlights and their potential impact on overseas exporters as well as trade policy outlook will help you stay connected with the market despite the travel restrictions.
The China-Britain Business Council is pleased to be partnering with the EU-SME Centre for this event.
The Forum will be divided into 2 sessions:
- 9.00 am – Welcome and opening remarks – CBBC/EU SME Centre
Session 1: The macro picture – market access, regulations and logistic considerations
- 9.05 am – Regulatory changes coming up in 2022 and how to prepare - Aoyun Wang, Consultant, FoodMate
- 9.20 am - Beyond the shipping crisis – looking ahead, James Grayland, Partner, Wan Ling Tea House / Director, Heighten International
- 9.30 am – Q/A
- 9.40 am – End
Session 2: Making China a success story
- 9.45 am – Speaker introductions:
- Paris Yuan, Business Development Manager, DKSH China
- Stanley Hi, Brand Director - wine and whisky, Telford China
- Aron Solomons, Head of Europe at The Silk Initiative (TSI)
- China's spirits market - what do importers say?
- China's snacks market - what would sell?
- China’s love and hate affair with dairy – what can foreign brands offer?
- China’s health and wellness market – what is next?
- 10.30 am – Q/A
- 10.45 am – End