The Automotive and New Energy Vehicle Market in China (2021 Update)
The opportunities for European companies, including SMEs, in China are manifold. They include the high potential for growth in the automotive market in China due to increasing incomes and current low rates of vehicle ownership vis-à-vis many Western countries; a growing pursuit of quality as opposed to making purchasing decisions based mainly on price factors; NEV sales increasing in 2021, demonstrating a reversal of the figures seen in 2020; the expanding popularity of sales of used vehicles; the perception that automotive parts from Europe are of a high quality due to the many European brands that have already successfully entered the China market, and the concomitant dominance of European companies in this market; and a demonstrable demand from Chinese OEMs for European parts. At the same, time, there are challenges present in the market, such as the ongoing economic uncertainty caused by COVID, as well as the difficulties in establishing a distribution network and strong reputation in a country as large as China, finding experienced staff, and rising competition from Chinese in-market players.
The Automotive and NEV market report provides an overview of the automotive and new energy vehicle (NEV) market in China, the structure of the market and a deep dive into the NEV market, as well as a study of both the opportunities and challenges facing EU SMEs in this market.
- 09:00 – 09:05 (UK) / 17:00 – 17:05 (CN) - Opening & welcome remarks
- Alessio Petino, Knowledge Coordinator, EU SME Centre
- 09:05 – 09:35 (UK) / 17:05 – 17:35 (CN) - Keynote speech – Report presentation
- Mark Xu, Assistant Director, Advanced Manufacturing and Transportation Sector, CBBC
- 09:35 – 09:55 (UK) / 17:35 – 17:55 (CN) - Q&A
- 09:55 – 10:00 (UK) / 17:55 – 18:00 (CN) - Wrap Up