CBBC Webinar with Richard Burn, Former HM Trade Commissioner for China
We are delighted to invite CBBC members to this webinar with Richard Burn on Tuesday 26 May. As Richard moves on from his role as HM Trade Commissioner for China, he will reflect on his time in China. Having been instrumental in strengthening the bilateral relationship and working closely with CBBC in supporting the ever growing number of UK businesses in market, he will share his unique insights exclusively with CBBC members.
Tuesday 26th May 2020
10.30 – 11.30 BST UK / 17.30 – 18.30 CST China
- Welcome remarks from Sir Sherard Cowper-Coles KCMG LVO, Chair, CBBC
- Key messages from Richard Burn, Former HM Trade Commissioner for China
- Further discussion and Q&A
Richard Burn was appointed HM Trade Commissioner for China in 2018 leading the Department for International Trade (DIT) in mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macao.
His professional career has been focused on helping businesses of all sizes generate commercial value through improved market access, particularly in China.
He has over 30 years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of:
- working with government
- public affairs, market access, and investment consultancy in China
- Asia Pacific corporate relations
- the trade, tax, and regulatory issues affecting highly regulated businesses in several sectors
From 1989 to 1999 he managed Batey-Burn, the China investment consultancy he co-founded, until its sale to APCO Asia, where he remained as Managing Director until 2005. Across both roles he helped companies in a range of sectors, including services, invest over US$1 billion in China.
At Diageo he:
- built the corporate relations capability in 17 markets across Asia Pacific
- negotiated Diageo’s £200 million acquisition of a Chinese White Spirits business in Chengdu
- lead Diageo’s global public policy team after moving to London in 2014
Should you have any questions that you would like to put to Richard, please send these to Isabel.Curnock@cbbc.org by COB Friday 22 May 2020
There will also be the opportunity to ask live questions during the session.
Please note: We cannot guarantee that all questions will be answered however, we will look to reflect the broad interests of our members during the discussion.