How to contact us?
Room 3307B, Corporate Centre 5, 1628 Zhongshan Avenue, Wuhan 430014, Hubei, China
T +86 27 8577 0082
M +86 181 7138 8082
Wuhan Manager : Yan Kang firstname.lastname@example.org
Wuhan City Guide[PDF]
Wuhan At a Glance
- Population(2013): 10.3 million
- GDP(2014): CNY1.01 trillion, USD 161 billion, GBP 103 billion
- GDP growth(2014): 9.7%
- Wuhan is the capital of Hubei province
- It is one of China’s key air, rail and water transportation hubs connecting North, South, East and West.
- The city has well established industrial capabilities in iron and steel, automotive and advanced engineering.
Opportunities for British Business’s
Current Local government projects and aims include:
- The city is looking to boost its 'new energy' industry through the adoption of solar PV, biomass and wind power
- The development of a city-wide e-healthcare system
- Three new metro lines connecting suburban districts within the city
- Construction of the Wuhan-Xi'an high-speed rail, a way of expanding Wuhan's status as a transportational hub in China.
- Establishing China's biggest R&D and manufacturing base for rail carriages and rolling stock
Wuhan is one of the four provincial capital cities that have partnered in the UK-China Sustainable Cities Initiative. Working with MOFCOM and the local city authorities, the city has initiated a rolling programme of active project identification to develop opportunities for UK and Chinese companies to partner in delivering sustainable urban development and low-carbon solutions. These will cover diverse sectors including the built environment, mass transport and water/wastewater resource management.
- China Eastern offers a daily 15 hour flight from London to Wuhan through Shanghai
- Wuhan is 6 hours from Shanghai, 5 hours from Beijing and 4 hours from Guangzhou by high speed train.
- The city is served by a metro system with 3 lines and 78 stations
Our Local Managers top 5 reasons to do business in Wuhan
- Wuhan is currently experiencing fast track economic growth, as it undergoes instrumental infrastructure development
- Centrally with Beijing in the north, Shanghai in the east, Guangzhou/Shenzhen in the south, Chongqing in the west all within 4 to 6 hours by high speed train
- Well-educated human resources – 1.2 million university students
- The city is strong in manufacturing and it's key sectors include ICT, automotive and auto-parts, photo-electronics, iron & steel, equipment manufacturing, food and tobacco, petrochemicals
- Among tier 2 cities Wuhan has one of the strongest retail markets.