A Santander Webinar - Building resilient supply chains between the UK and Asia – automotive/advanced engineering
Improving the resilience of global supply chains has rapidly become a top priority for manufacturing businesses. Post-COVID-19 global supply chain disruption, China’s ‘zero COVID’ policy, and other macro trends (e.g., geo-political tensions, trade wars, rising labour costs in China) have forced companies to consider diversifying their supply chain operations in Asia through a ‘China +1’ sourcing strategy –generally looking at Southeast Asia and India as key alternative regional supply chain markets.
Yet, China continues to account for almost one third of global manufacturing output, with many UK and European manufacturers relying on China as their sole or primary supply chain market. Businesses must weigh the potential benefits against the risks of transitioning to alternative markets and require the right guidance on issues such as supplier selection, due diligence, and tariffs, as well as other regulatory and commercial considerations.
We’re pleased to bring together supply chain experts and experienced industry professionals from across China, India, and Southeast Asia. They will be offering companies in automotive and advanced engineering supply chains detailed insights on how the latest trends are impacting the industry, as well as practical guidance on setting up and managing supply chain and manufacturing operations in each market.
This webinar will cover:
- Automotive sector overview
- Speaker: Matt Smith, Senior International Manager, SMMT.
- China - how to leverage the world’s largest automotive manufacturing hub
- Speakers: David Gregory, Head of Advanced Manufacturing, China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) and Arie Schreier, General Manager, PTL Group.
- India – capabilities in auto and precision manufacturing
- Speaker: Anirudh Reddy, Director, Strategic Initiatives, Zetwerk.
- ASEAN – overview of the Thai Automotive market and current trends
- Speaker: Nuttapan Meethong, Director, YCP Solidiance.
- Q&A panel discussion