Resumption of Business in Shanghai – Practical Advice on Labour Issues and Business Relief Measures (Chinese Language Event)
Companies in Shanghai and adjacent areas have faced difficulty due to the epidemic situation and its prevention and control measures, and many have faced labour disputes that arose from delayed or reduced wages, terminations, and arbitration. In order to reboot the economy, the Shanghai government has issued their Shanghai Action Plan for Accelerating Economic Recovery and Revitalisation, which aims to support business recovery through deferment of funds and tax payments, reduction of operating costs, tax rebates, and other reduction measures.
The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) invites our member companies Tricor and King Wood & Mallesons to address the action plan by analysing it through a legal perspective and discussing the company relief measures, giving our members a deeper understanding of Shanghai’s recovery plan.
- Issues related to work assignments and salary payments during the epidemic;
- Issues regarding establishment and termination or end of employment during the epidemic;
- Pandemic-related corporate tax benefits, e.g. tax rebates, reduction measures, and deferment of tax payments;
- Deferment of the payment of enterprise social insurance premiums in five financially struggling industries;
- Other company relief measures.
- 16:00-16:10 Welcoming remarks, CBBC & Invest Shanghai
- 16:10-16:30 Legal advice on labour disputes - Lucy Lu, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
- 16:30-16:50 Corporate tax benefits, payment deferment, and other relief measures - Mavy Zhao, Tax Manager, Tricor China
- 16:50-17:00 Q&A
Partner, King & Wood Mallesons
Lucy joined King & Wood Mallesons in 2001, before which she worked at Suzhou Gucheng Law Firm. Admitted as a lawyer in 1994, she obtained her LL.B. from Nanjing University Law School and her LL.M. from the University of London. She is proficient in Chinese and English.
Tax manager, Tricor China
Mavy has 10 years of experiences in the tax sector and has worked at the tax departments of KPMG and MNC. She is experienced in tax advisory, planning, compliance, audit, and system set-up. She has been involved in and led tax consultation, equity transfer, and M&A projects for many MNCs.
China based non-members please register here: https://yoopay.cn/event/96677895