China Tech Sector Market Briefing
China’s policy of innovation-driven industrial upgrading and digital transformation is expected to drive China’s future GDP growth. Growing consumer demand for tech-enabled products and services is equally presenting opportunities for UK exporters and China will remain the largest market in Asia for digital tech for decades to come. Global factors, however, such as US-China economic decoupling and growing concerns around national security, have created some uncertainties for UK tech firms looking to enter or expand in China.
This session will provide the latest update on the China policy and business landscape for tech exporters in China, as well as some discussion on specific opportunities and barriers. Join this session to discuss these issues with colleagues from the Department for International Trade in China, the China-Britain Business Council, techUK, and UK companies with relevant China expertise. Participants are encouraged to submit questions before and during the webinar to make maximum value of this virtual roundtable meeting.
- Trevor Lewis – Director, Innovation & Industry, DIT, British Consulate (Guangzhou)
- Sherry Pan, Head of Technology, DIT, British Consulate (Guangzhou)
- Jonathan Dove, Market Access Manager, Innovation & Industry, DIT, British Embassy (Beijing)
- Mark Hedley, Director – Knowledge Economy, China-Britain Business Council
- Jana Psarka, Policy Manager for International Trade, techUK