China Consumer Scotland 2024
2024 - The Year of the Dragon according to the Chinese zodiac, will be a year of tremendous opportunities, wealth creation and exuberance. The Chinese consumer market will play a pivotal role for UK brands seeking to grow and expand their global sales. China is the biggest e-commerce market in the world, and the largest grocery and alcoholic drinks marketplace. It is also on track to emerge as the biggest luxury and beauty market in the next few years.
At our annual China Consumer Scotland event we gather successful consumer brands trading in the market to share peer-to-peer insights. We invite Chinese importers and retailers to share their tips for market entry and growth with Scottish consumer brands looking to grow their sales to Chinese consumers. We offer an opportunity to meet with Chinese consumer products buyers and e-commerce solution providers looking for new brands for their portfolios.
The programme will be delivered in person in Edinburgh ahead of CBBC's Chinese Burns Supper and the Scotland China Business Awards on 8th February. Chinese buyers participating during the day will be also present at the Chinese Burns Supper in the evening and available to network with Scottish brands.
Who should attend: Export and business development managers of Scottish consumer companies
Your 2024 Roadmap to doing business in the world’s most lucrative consumer market:
- 9:30am for a 10:00am start
- Arrival and Refreshments
- 10.00am - 10.50 am
- Panel 1: Entering and succeeding in the Chinese market – Hear from companies in the market.
- 11.00am - 11.50am
- Panel 2: Top tips to build a successful China strategy – the views from Chinese importers and retailers.
- 12.00pm - 12.45pm
- Panel 3: 2024 trends that can impact your business in China – Chinese marketers and influencers share their predictions.
- 12.45pm - 1.00pm
- Lunch break
- Meet the China Buyer - Meet the China importer/e-commerce platform/e-commerce solution provider opportunity for Scottish consumer brands
Targeted product categories:
- Food and drink, Health and wellness, beauty, personal care, mother and baby and lifestyle;
- Number of participating buyers: 4 (profiles TBC);
- Number of participating Scottish companies - limited to 10 to allow for quality time with the buyers;
- 20 minutes 1-2-1 meetings with the buyers managed by CBBC;
- Registration Deadline: 15th January 2024.