BritCham/CBBC Forums 2016-17
Our 11 sector- and interest-based forums, based in Beijing, enable you to meet regularly with peers from your sector to discuss pertinent common issues and to bring up questions relating to your industry.
Created for and led by our members, they enable you to stay up to date with industry developments and to focus on the issues affecting your line of business.
The following forums are currently active in China:
Each forum convenes at least four times a year and discussion themes are conceived by forum members to tackle the most topical issues in their industry. Whether it is updates from expert speakers, details of lobbying activities, or simply networking, our forums are another way to help you get the most from your membership. Each forum also has its own online page, allowing you to comment on posts, start and join discussions, and pose questions to other members.
The objectives include:
- To enhance our membership offer by ensuring a regular series of sector gatherings that generate useful content for a relevant, professional audience.
- To provide a platform for members in the same field or with the same business interests to share information and create ongoing dialogues through a series of events and discussions on our online forum pages.
- To enable members to meet and share best business practice, contacts, lessons learned, etc.
Forum Governance and Management
Each forum is governed by:
- Two co-chairs - from our member companies - who drive the forum (please refer to “Role of forum chairs” below);
- A member of the in-house British Centre team who supports the administrative work of the forum, including scheduling events and writing minutes;
- A representative of the British Chamber Executive Committee (ExCo) who takes an advisory role and helps align the forum’s activities with the British Centre’s larger strategic plans.
Click here to read more about the roles of forum chairs.
If you are interested in attending or joining a forum, please contact us directly to find out more, to join a forum's mailing list and to learn about upcoming activities.
T: +86 (0)10 8525 1111 ext. 704