Population: 14 million (Year 2016)
GPD: RMB 1.96 trillion (Year 2016)
- The capital city of Guangdong province, and a famous historical and cultural city of China
- An important port of foreign trade in China for more than two thousand years, and the birthplace of the ancient maritime Silk
- Named the world's fastest growing mega city by the United Nations
- Named by Forbes as the best commercial city in mainland China for five times
- Developing into an international shipping hub, an international aviation hub and an international scientific and technological innovations hub by 2020
- Information Technology
- Mechanical engineering
- Consumer products
- Financial and Professional services
- Creative and Culture
Key Business Locations in the city
Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone, begun in 1984 is focussed on a fewkey sectors: food and beverage, electrical machinery and equipment and metal working
Guangzhou Science City, located near the centre of the city the Guangzhou government is hoping to develop the science city as a key destination for Information Technology R&D.
Guangzhou Free Trade Zone, founded in 1992 is located near to Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone and Guangzhou Baiyun Airport the focus of the zone is the promotion of international trade.
Guangzhou station renovation project, Guangzhou-Shantou Railway and Shenzhen-Maoming Railway will be completed and put into use in 2016, 2018 and 2019 respectively
The local government has large plans to expand the cities metro system, achieving a length of 500 km with 15 lines by 2020
A total of 177 urban road construction projects
The continuing development of the Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center a higher education development area with accommodating for 400,000 people.
Our Local Managers top 5 reasons to do business in Guangzhou
- Guangzhou has the highest growth rate of the tier 1 cities including Beijing and Shanghai.
- Guangzhou is the nexus of the Pearl River delta economic zone the largest urban area in the world and the most dynamic economic area in China.
- The current integration with Foshan to build the Guang-Fo metropolitan area will offer numerous opportunities in infrastructure, systems and professional services deployment.
- Guangzhou has a developed consumer market with a taste for Western products.
- Guangzhou’s proximity to Hong Kong makes it ideal for companies that already have operations there.
- Guangzhou is serviced by Baiyun international airport.
- China Southern Airlines runs a daily non-stop flight from London to Guangzhou
- Guangzhou is 7 hours from Shanghai by train.
- Chongqing is served by a metro system which currently has 9 lines with another four under construction.
Things to do in Guangzhou