Population: 21.73 million (2016)
- The capital of the People's Republic of China
- Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei formed an economic region – The Jingjinji Metropolitan Region
- There are 3,840 registered immovable cultural relics in Beijing. Among these, 126 are classified as Major Sites Protected for their Historical and Cultural Value at the National Level; 7 are UNESO World Heritage Sites, including the Forbidden City and the Temple Heaven
- Bio-Engineering & Pharmaceutical
- Electrical Machinery
- Urban-satisfy daily consumption such as Foodstuffs, Clothing, printing & packaging,
- Culture & creative
- New Energy Industry
- Electronic Information Industry
Opportunities for British Businesses
Our Local Manager's top 5 reasons to do business in Beijing
- Extension of subway systems to a total length of 570 km by 2020.
- Beijing Second International Airport is to be built in southeast suburb area
- Water supply projects including the 10th Water Plant and Fengtai Water Plant, Yizhuang Water Plant etc and renovation of water distribution pipeline and build new pipelines to ensure water supply stability
- Develop a drainage system in 90% of the urban area by 2020.
- Sewage treatment system: 33 new sewage plants to be built in the whole area, achieving a daily sewage treatment capacity of 5 million tons by 2020.
- 6-7 500KV substation hubs to be built to ensure the electricity supply by 2020.
- Four natural gas receiving stations, high pressure gas pipeline along the 6th Ring Road and 17 4.0 MPa pressure regulating stations to be built.
- 4 new centralized medical waste treatment plants and 4 food waste centralized treatment plants to be built.
- Distinct advantage in location, center of transportation of China
- The country’s heart for scientific and research development, education and communication, full of resources and opportunities.
- Well-educated human resources –with a number of first-class universities and colleges
- One of the strongest retail markets in China
- Well established public facilities, business and living environment
- Beijing capital International Airport provides access to more than 60 domestic cities and over 40 overseas countries and regions. Nanyuan airport is 15 kms south of Tian’amen square.
- Direct Flights are available from Heathrow with Air China International, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic via Shanghai, Finn Air via Helsinki
- Domestic flights to Shanghai, Guangzhou, Dalian, Harbin, Changsha, Xi’an are also available from both airports
- Trains are also available but are only useful if the journey is short. There is a fast train that can now get to Shanghai in 7 hours.
- The Great Wall of China. There are many sections surrounding the city including the closets and often busiest Badaling. Other quieter sections include Simatai, Jiankou and Mutianyu.
- Tian’amen square
- The Forbidden city and Jinshan Park (the centre point to Beijing where you can see panoramic views of the city on a clear day)
- Summer Palace
- Temple of Heaven
- Lama Temple
- Beihai Park
- The Olympic Stadium, The Cube
- Visit to a hutong