You’re invited to join Alibaba Group’s virtual summit to explore what it takes to succeed in China and how you can use technology to grow your business internationally. Latest speakers include Alibaba Group’s CMO Chris Tung, Vitabiotics CEO Tej Lalvani and many more.
Gateway to Growth: The Digital Route to China & Beyond
24th – 25th February 2021
The two-day programme
9:30am – 3pm GMT
will include opportunities to:
- Hear from Alibaba leaders and industry experts discussing the latest trends and innovations from China
- Learn from European businesses as they share their experiences and key insights for building a successful China strategy
- Choose from a selection of practical workshops targeted to your business needs, led by Alibaba businesses and partners
- Meet 1:1 with Alibaba business development teams and regional partners (through our virtual expo stands)
For more information on the event and to register, please visit: https://www.alibaba-events.com/gateway-to-growth/
9:30 Welcome and introduction of the day
9:45 – 10:35 Understanding the China Opportunity
This opening session will bring together different perspectives – from Alibaba senior leadership to successful northern European businesses – to demystify the current market opportunity in China.
10:40 – 11:40 Connecting to Chinese consumers:
- Michael Evans, President, Alibaba Group
- Claire Hennah, Global Vice President of eCommerce, Unilever
- Jun Fang, VP Data and Digital, Unilever China
- Stinne Fröslev, COO, Elexir Pharma
How are brands creating richer online experiences for their customers in China? Gain insights into digital savvy Chinese consumers and hear from brand leaders who are turning shoppers into fans.
11:45 – 12:45 BREAK / Expo and Networking
12:50 – 13:10 Follow the growth: A conversation with Vitabiotics on current and future market opportunities
- Chris Tung, CMO, Alibaba Group
- Ashley Dudarenok, Founder of Alarice & ChoZan
- Richard Arnold, Group Managing Director, Manchester United
- Louise Cheadle, Co-founder, Teapigs
- Emma Plumridge, Head of Export, Teapigs
13:15 – 13:55 Livestream Commerce in 2021
- Tej Lalvani, CEO, Vitabiotics
- Benji Lamb, China Director, Vitabiotics
Dive into the biggest trend shaping ecommerce in China right now, and learn how you can use this tool to build your following, gain customer feedback and ultimately drive sales.
14:00 – 14:45 Question time: Moderated panel discussion with audience q&a
- Mark and Zoe, Founders, And Luxe (livestream commerce consultancy)
- Simon Boyd, Sales Director, SmoothSkin
- Roderick Buchanan, Commercial Director, British Museum
14:45 – 15:00 Close / wrap for Day 1
- David Lloyd, Alibaba Group
- Jesper Halle, Commercial Consul, Royal Danish Consulate General in Shanghai
- Abi Imasekha, Head of International & Commercial Marketing, Harvey Nichols
9:30 Welcome and introduction of the day
9:33 – 9:45 Intro of day
9:45 – 10:45 The Future is Now:
Learn how China is reimagining retail, payments and digital experiences, and what this means for your future growth.
10:50 – 11:35
- Mark Tanner, Managing Director, China Skinny
- David Roth, CEO, The Store WPP, EMEA and Asia
- Roland Palmer, Director of Alipay North-West Europe
- Yang Sun, General Manager of Alibaba Cloud Intelligence UK&I, Nordics, Baltics and Russia
Session 1: break out workshops
Routes to the market and managing your Chinese partners.
The Chinese market can be complex and challenging, and choosing the most suitable route to market is a key to success. Join CBBC’s break out workshop at 10:50am on Thursday 25th Feb with CBBC’s experienced retail and e-commerce experts Pearl Zhu and Demi Ping who will provide in-depth, practical advice on the most common issues faced by international companies. This 50mins workshop is designed to build your China market knowledge, including:
- Preparation check list
- Routes to the market
- Identifying and managing your Chinese partner
- Trading advisory for UK SME(s)
- Key consumer categories in 2021
UK Sector Lead, Retail and E-commerce, CBBC London Office
Pearl leads Retail and E-commerce sector in China-Britain Business Council. She is a specialist in market entry strategy, brand partnership, digital and marketing strategies in fashion, beauty, lifestyle and mother and baby areas. Pearl has built more than 40 commercial partnerships and campaigns for international entertainment IPs and retail brands through her career between China and The U.K.
Director, Retail and E-Commerce, CBBC Beijing Office
Demi specialises in connecting British retail and consumer brands with Chinese importers and distributors and leads the CBBC Retail and E-Commerce Sector’s business development work in China. Demi has excellent business development skills and a thorough understanding of the various obstacles international companies face when entering the China market.
11:40 – 12:40 BREAK / Expo and Networking
12:45 – 13:30 Session 2: Break out workshops
13:30 – 13:45 Close / wrap for Day 2 (with David Lloyd)