Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce Webinar: Experiences by Bekaert and Marquardt of Investing in China
September 17, 10am (CEST) / 9am (BST)
The EU-China Business Association and the Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce are delighted to invite you to a webinar which focuses on “Experiences of investing in Weihai, Shandong province”.
During this webinar, you will hear of the experiences of companies that have already invested in Weihai, as well as more information about the investment environment and the pillar industries.Several of our member companies, such as Bekaert, Beaulieu and Marquardt, already have major investments in Weihai. They have benefitted from the city’s very business-friendly investment environment.
The city has established several pillar industries, including machinery, food, transportation equipment, textiles and garments, medicine and medical devices, electronics and new materials. The emerging industries of Weihai are medical & healthcare, information & outsourcing and “intelligent” manufacturing.
Over the past 10 years, the Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce and the Weihai Foreign Investment Bureau have formed a strong bond to help build and then strengthen trade relations between both sides and to introduce each other’s investment environments.
- 10:00-10:05: Welcome and Introduction by Ms. Gwenn Sonck, Executive Director,Flanders-China Chamber of Commerce/EU-China Business Association, Honorary citizen of Weihai City and Shandong Province
- 10:05-10:20: Presentation of Weihai and Interview on the Weihai industrial and investment environment with Mr Chen Hui, Chief Representative of Weihai in the EU
- 10:20-10:45: Experiences of Bekaert and Marquardt of investing in Weihai:
- Mr Jun Liao, Divisional CEO Specialty Businesses, Member of the Bekaert Group Executive, Bekaert
- Mr Berthold Arends, General Manager, Marquardt Switches Weihai.