The Routes to China Food and Drink Market: A Guide for UK brand owners
This masterclass explores different options for food & drink companies looking to enter the China market – whether through direct sales or through a distributor and e-commerce platforms to setting up a subsidiary in the market, followed by interactive workshops which cover the technical challenges of supply chains in China with practical advice on IP and marketing for China’s food and drink market.
China’s love for food makes its food and drink industry a particularly appetising prospect for UK investors. The country accounts for one fourth of the world’s population and boasts one of the most dynamic consumer markets in the world. China’s rapid development and growth in consumption and innovation has driven its E-commerce market to become the largest in the world, with online sales projected to hit £1.2 trillion in 2020. With 800 million Chinese consumers shopping online, new routes to market like cross-border E-commerce present an excellent opportunity for UK brands to partner with Chinese e-commerce platforms and capitalize on the China opportunity - without the need to navigate complex import regulations and custom procedures.
CBBC has developed a targeted The Routes to China Market: A Guide for UK brand owners masterclass which will provide insights on:
- Overview of the grocery market for food and drink – size, opportunities and main players
- Routes to market – traditional import/domestic e-commerce/cross-border e-commerce
- Popular imported food categories online
- Cross-Border E-commerce – introduction and channels, Free Trade Zones and “positive lists”
- Third parties and other E-commerce partners
- IP and payment methods
- Engaging with the Chinese consumer – digital marketing
- WeChat accounts and stores – making it all work for you
- Supply chain and logistics
Please note that the masterclasses are targeting UK food and drink brands and manufacturers only. Due to limited space we reserve the right to decline applications by third parties.