China Export Workshop (Plymouth), Seizing Export Opportunities in the Year of the Rat
After several decades of rapid growth, China is now firmly established as the second largest global economy after the US. China is a fast-growing, dynamic marketplace and despite the slowdown in China’s headline growth figure, UK exports to China have almost doubled over the past five years; it is now the UK’s 5th largest export market.
The market is continuously shifting to a service and consumption driven economy, which suits the strengths of companies in the South West. Chinese consumers are looking for better education and healthcare, more interesting life experiences, eclectic food and drink, and creative and high-quality design. The opportunities are very real, and companies that take the time to consider how to approach the China market can be very successful.
But where to start? China can often seem an unfamiliar and daunting place, especially to companies with limited resources to tackle such a large and complex market. Understanding the nature of the market opportunity is essential.
There will be ample opportunity to speak with our experts and meet representatives from companies already selling both services and products to the Chinese market.
The agenda will include:
- Insights from CBBC’s regional advisor, Jamie Shaw.
- The Year of the Rat, prospects in the Chinese market for both B2C & B2B British brands.
- A practical digital how-to guide on marketing and promotion in China, featuring guest speakers Crowd.
- Regional Case Study success featuring guest speakers Imagemakers & Fraser Anti-Static.
- Safeguarding your Intellectual Property in China, featuring guest speakers from NJ Akers & Co.