Hiring and Managing People in China (London)
Hiring and Managing People in China It is advisable to hire local talent to grow your business in China. However, research shows only about 10% of Chinese graduates are suitable to work for a Western business. With the fierce competition for skilled bilingual labour and rapidly inflating salaries, attracting and retaining talent continues to be one of the main challenges facing foreign companies operating in China.
Join CBBC and Crayfish.io for a roundtable discussion led by Chinese business experts about:
Speakers & facilitators:
- what are the most effective channels to recruit the talent you want
- what to expect of job applications and how to spot the real talent
- what are the motivational factors that influence their Chinese workforce especially the young generation in order to create the bonds of loyalty
- seeing the Chinese staff in a social and cultural context and build a multi-cultural team across UK and China
- what are the alternatives to a traditional talent hiring and management approach
- Lise Bertelsen, China-Britain Business Council
- Ting Zhang, Founder & CEO, Crayfish.io
- A known UK-China business expert, Ting Zhang has advised clients ranging from tech start-ups to FTSE100 companies in the last 20 years and helped them achieve commercial success in China. In her continuous pursuit for an ultimate affordable solution for SMEs, Ting founded Crayfish.io in 2017, the online platform dedicated to providing instant access to Chinese expertise and multi-lingual support for global businesses.
- Jiao, Li, Co-Founder & VP Marketing, Crayfish.io
- Jiao spent the past six years working in one of the world’s largest multinational FMCG manufacturing companies in both the UK and China, where she led a cross-functional team in both countries to relaunch a key range of 60 products in e-commerce, and developed and led successful marketing campaigns. Jiao is keen to help brands to reach out and interact with their Chinese audiences in a smarter and more engaging way.