How to contact us?
The British Centre, Unit 1708, Garden Square, 968 West Beijing Road, Shanghai 200040
T: +86 (0) 21 3100 7900
F: +86 (0) 21 6229 0001
Shanghai City Guide[PDF]
Shanghai at a glance
- Population(2014): 24.2 million
- GDP(2014): RMB 2.356 trillion, USD 372 billion, GBP 238 billion
- GDP growth(2014): 7%
- Shanghai is the largest city in China and the world by population; it is a global financial hub and the world’s busiest container port.
- The city is a cultural destination with many museums and historical sites.
- Shanghai is the largest city in the Yangtze river delta economic region which also includes Nanjing and Hangzhou.
The expansion of the Shanghai metro with 4 new lines planned by 2020
The Shanghai Disney resort opening in 2016
The Shanghai Free Trade Zone is currently being developed
- There are multiple direct flights to Shanghai daily from London
- Shanghai is 7 hours from Guangzhou, and 5 hours and 20 minutes from Beijing by high speed train
- The Shanghai Metro has 14 lines
Things to do in Shanghai
Our local manager's top 5 reasons to do business in Shanghai
- Shanghai has many rapidly growing industries in which British companies are traditionally strong.
- Shanghai is China’s busiest port and also its largest ship building base, making it a hub for the import or export of goods.
- The China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone is the largest free trade zone in China. An integration of four existing zones, it has numerous pieces of legislation that make it highly desirable for foreign firms doing business in the country.
- Shanghai has one of the most diverse economies in China with both the services sector and manufacturing well represented.
- Shanghai has a large pool of talented labour from its numerous educational institutions.