How to contact us?
Room 506, Xihu Minglou Building, No.296, Qingchun Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310003
英中贸易协会杭州办公室, 杭州市庆春路296号西湖铭楼506室,邮编 310003
T: +86 (0)571 8763 1069 F: +86 (0)571 8763 0961
Hangzhou City Guide[PDF]
Hangzhou At a Glance
- Population(2013): 8.8 million
- GDP(2014): CNY 920.12 billion, USD 149 billion, GBP 95 billion
- GDP growth(2014): 8.2% in
- Total amount of import & export in 2014 – 68.0 billion USD
- CBBC Member Companies with local offices - Deloitte, KPMG, Romax Technology, Reach Compliance, Smiths Medical
- Capital of Zhejiang province
- Diverse manufacturing and service sector
- Hangzhou are partners in the UK-China Sustainable Cities Initiative
- Examples of foreign investors include: Cisco, Bosch, Nokia-Siemens
Hangzhou’s economy benefits from the diversity of industry based in the city. In addition, Hangzhou, despite its relative proximity to Shanghai, has a large service sector attracting many international offices and branches.
The city has been successful in attracting and developing investment in new industries, particularly ICT.
Recent transport investment will further enhance Hangzhou’s position as a manufacturing, service and logistics hub, not just for Zhejiang Province but for the YRD as a whole and other surrounding provinces and cities.
Opportunities for British Business’s
- Encouragement of private investment in education and social training
- Explore public resources to support non-profit private school development
- Smart City and intelligent transport system to resolve traffic jam issue
- 13-18 new hospitals to be constructed in the creation of a hospital network so that patients have no more than a 15 minute walk
- China Eastern offers a daily 14 hour flight from London to Hangzhou through Beijing
- Hangzhou is less than 2 hours from Shanghai, 5 hours from Beijing and just over 6 hours from Guangzhou by high speed train.
- The city is served by a metro system with 3 lines and 50 stations with 5 more lines planned in the year ahead.
Our Local Managers top 5 reasons o do business in Hangzhou
- Hangzhou is a historic and liveable city, neighbouring Shanghai, with beautiful scenery and natural environment. Owns 2 World Heritage Sites in the city – the West Lake and the Grand Canal
- A leading Tier 2 city in China: total GDP ranked No.10 in China
- Vibrant private economy: private economy generates 60% of the total city GDP; Hangzhou has taken the first place in China for 12 years in terms of the amount of Top 500 private companies. E.g. Alibaba, Wahaha, Wanxiang Group, Geely etc.
- An open, pragmatic, efficient and supportive local government
- A strong talent supply pool: 38 colleges and universities in the city